The mission of Oregon Alliance of Independent College and Universities is to represent and serve its member institutions, all of which are regionally accredited, nonprofit, private colleges and universities in Oregon. We accomplish this through public advocacy, institutional cooperation, and strategic collaboration with the public sector, including business, philanthropy, and government. The organization seeks to strengthen Oregon’s intellectual, creative, and economic resources.
As representatives of the private, nonprofit higher education sector we are investing in diverse students, committed educators, and relevant learning by partnering with leaders from business and industry, philanthropy, and public sector agencies and institutions. And we are getting an excellent return on Oregon’s behalf: a highly educated workforce, a significant contribution to Oregon’s economy, and the next generation of active leaders and contributing citizens.
What We Do
The Alliance seeks to strengthen Oregon’s intellectual, creative, and economic resources by representing and serving Oregon’s regionally accredited, not-for-profit colleges and universities. The Alliance provides public advocacy, facilitates inter-institutional cooperation, forges strategic collaborations with the public sector, including business, philanthropy, and government.
The primary functions of The Alliance are to:
- Support and expand strategic partnerships with businesses, foundations, and public sector agencies and institutions;
- Coordinate advocacy for private, nonprofit higher education on matters related to public interest and public policy;
- Provide and create structures to encourage inter-institutional collaboration;
- Coordinate services to member institutions that achieve economies of scale and enhancement of programs;
- Generate restricted gift and enterprise income to support The Alliance and its members.