Members: Private Colleges & Universities
Corban is an independent Christian university in Salem, Oregon, with more than 50 majors and programs of study. Along with traditional undergraduate programs, Corban offers adult degree completion, graduate teacher licensure, and graduate degrees in education, business, ministry and counseling.
Our distinction is relationship— faculty to student and student to student. The members of the Corban community are here to help students succeed. Our motto, Dedicating Heart and Mind to God, is a very real part of our process, and we deliver both academic rigor and a Christ-centered education. A biblical worldview is integrated into the career you choose.
- At Corban, we guarantee that student loan debt won’t stand between you and your dreams! The Corban Promise will help you repay your student loans if your income after college graduation is low.
- For the 12th year running, Corban University is ranked in the Top Ten in the West for regional colleges in the “U.S. News Best Colleges.”
- Within one year of graduating from Corban, more than 95% of our 2012 graduates were working full time or were full-time graduate students.
- Warrior Athletics has claimed 14 conference titles and, for the second year in a row, Corban has earned the prestigious President’s Cup Academic Award for outstanding overall academic performance among student athletes.
- Every year Corban students and staff volunteer hundreds of hours during the student-inspired MLK Serve Day. This year, they completed more than 1,000 hours of community service in just one day to benefit a variety of Salem organizations.
- Undergraduate: 915
- Graduate: 294
- Tuition (2015-16): $27,980
- Room & Board (2015-16): $8,892
Financial Aid Data
- Students with Demonstrated Financial Need: 84.2%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $25,520
- Percent Need Met (Need-Based Aid): 42.9%
- Total Living: 9,120
- Percent Living in Oregon: 44.8%
- Male: 41%
- Female: 59%
- Resident (Oregon) Students: 64%
- Nonresident Students: 36%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 19
- Number of Minors/Concentration Fields: 32
Most Popular Majors
- Health Science
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Fewer than 20 Students: 63%
- Fewer than 50 Students: 98%
- Full-time Faculty: 47%
- Full-time Faculty with PhD/Terminal Degree: 73%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NAIA (Cascade Collegiate Conference) – 13 sports
- Students Participating in Sport Activities/Intramurals: 70%
- Number of Student Clubs & Organizations: 22