Members: Private Colleges & Universities
George Fox University
George Fox is Oregon’s nationally recognized Christian university, providing students with personal attention, global opportunities to learn and serve, and a supportive community that encourages academic rigor and spiritual growth.
We offer bachelor’s degrees in more than 40 majors, adult degree programs, six seminary degrees, and 13 master’s and doctoral degrees. The school consistently earns third-party recognition from publications such as Forbes and U.S. News & World Report, which annually rank it among the nation’s top Christian colleges.
- George Fox closes campus for one day each fall and sends all students and employees into the community for volunteer service.
- George Fox is ranked among the nation’s top 60 schools in percentage of students studying abroad (U.S. News & World Report).
- George Fox is one of only 11 universities in the Richter Scholars research program, including Yale, Dartmouth, Cal Tech, and University of Chicago.
- George Fox has won NCAA Division III national athletic championships in baseball (2004) and women’s basketball (2009). The institution added football and lacrosse in 2014 and will add men’s and women’s swimming in 2018.
- U.S. President: Herbert Hoover, the 31st president of the United States, attended Friends Pacific Academy (precursor to George Fox).
- Undergraduate: 2,707
- Graduate/Professional: 1,433
- Tuition (2017-18): $34,500
- Room & Board (2017-18): $10,886
Financial Aid Data
- Students with Demonstrated Financial Need: 74.1%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $25,431 annually
- Percent Need Met (Need-Based Aid): 85%
- Total Living: 27,198
- Percent Living in Oregon: 52%
- Male: 45.3%
- Female: 54.7%
- Resident (Oregon) Students: 58%
- Nonresident Students: 42%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 41 traditional undergrad; 6 adult degree completion
- Number of Minors/Concentration Fields: 50 minors; 36 concentrations
Most Popular Majors
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 14 to 1 (undergraduate)
- Fewer than 20 Students: 67.9% (undergraduate)
- Fewer than 50 Students: 97.9% (undergraduate)
- Full-time Faculty: 45%
- Full-time Faculty with PhD/Terminal Degree: 80.7%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NCAA Division III (Northwest Conference)
- Students Participating in Sports Activities
- 474 students participating in 17 intercollegiate sport programs
- 29% participate in intramural sports
- Number of Student Clubs & Organizations: 34