Members: Private Colleges & Universities
Northwest Christian University
Established in 1895 and located in Eugene, Oregon, NCU is a regionally accredited University operating within the traditions of the Liberal Arts and Professional Studies. NCU students and faculty partner to create a transformational educational experience that champions wisdom, faith and service, providing graduates with superb career preparation within a Christ-centered environment. Committed to programmatic relevance and a spirit of innovation NCU continues to serve a vital role in the heritage and advancement of Christian higher education throughout the region.
- In one year, NCU students, staff and faculty give more than 4,500 hours of service to those in need.
- The oldest bible on campus was printed in 1412 AD. It is one of many bibles in the University’s rare bible collection.
- 100% of 2014-15 NCU athletic teams were recognized as “Scholar Teams” by the NAIA, for having a combined team GPA of above 3.0.
- Undergraduate: 366
- Graduate/Professional: 374
- Traditional undergraduate student (2015-16): $27,100
- Per credit for adult degree programs (2015-16): $452
- Per credit for graduate programs (2015-16): $534-$625
- Room & Board (2015-16): $8,400
Financial Aid Data
- Students with Demonstrated Financial Need: 91%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $21,090
- Percent Need Met (Need-Based Aid): 72% of need was met with need based aid *this includes all undergraduate students and all types of aid that were used to meet need.
- Total Living: 8,671
- Percent Living in Oregon: 49%
- Male: 37%
- Female: 63%
- Resident (Oregon) Students: 80%
- Nonresident Students: 20%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 29 (16 for ADP)
- Number of Minors/Concentration Fields: 13 (7 for ADP)
Most Popular Majors:
- Business Administration
- Exercise Science
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 17:1
- Fewer than 20 Students : 11%
- Fewer than 50 Students: 95%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NAIA (Cascade Collegiate Conference) – 12 sports
- Students Participating in Sport Activities/Intramurals: 14%
- Number of Student Clubs & Organizations: 8