Members: Private Colleges & Universities
Willamette University is a place where talented professors inspire students to examine issues critically, think creatively and act effectively. By leveraging our collaborative community and Pacific Northwest location, we challenge students to transform knowledge into action — the foundation of a successful career and a meaningful life.
Willamette educates 2,800 students in an undergraduate college of liberal arts and graduate schools of law and management. The popular guide “Colleges That Change Lives” recognizes Willamette as one of 40 schools where students experience rich intellectual and personal growth thanks to dedicated professors and lively, diverse experiences in and out of the classroom.
- Eleven of the 24 Oregon Professors of the Year are from Willamette, a record unmatched by any other school of the West Coast.
- Willamette is across the street from the Oregon State Capitol, providing more direct access to state policymaking than any college or university in the Pacific Northwest.
- Willamette owns the 305-acre Zena Forest, an outdoor learning laboratory that offers numerous opportunities to tie the local landscape to sustainability and academic exploration.
- Co-located with Tokyo International University of America, Willamette provides unparalleled opportunities for cultural and language exchanges on campus and in Japan.
- Dual-degree programs with our management and law graduate schools allow students to earn two degrees in less time — five for the BA and MBA, or six for the BA and JD.
- Undergraduate: 2,000
- Graduate: 600
- Tuition (2015–16): $45,300
- Room & Board (2015–16): $11,200
Financial Aid Data
- Students with Demonstrated Financial Need: 62%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $36,896
- Percent Need Met (Need-Based Aid): 84%
- Total Living: 25,000+
- Percent Living in Oregon: 46%
- Male: 43%
- Female: 57%
- Resident (Oregon) Students: 26%
- Nonresident Students: 74%
- Multicultural: 32%
- Number of Undergraduate Majors: 38 (full list)
- Number of Minors/Concentration Fields: 43
- Graduate Programs: Law (JD and LLM) and Management (MBA)
Most Popular Majors
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 11 to 1
- Fewer than 20 Students: 61%
- Fewer than 50 Students: 100%
- Full-time Faculty: 93%
- Full-time Faculty with PhD/Terminal Degree: 92%
Athletics and Intramural Activities
- Athletic Division: NCAA Division III, Northwest Conference
- Students Participating in Division III Athletics: 25%
- Students Participating in Intramurals: 65%
- Number of Student Clubs & Organizations: 100+
- Annual undergraduate volunteer hours: 58,000